Thursday, March 6, 2008

A little B.S. with your morning forecast

I woke up this morning and realized I did not know the weather for the day in order to make appropriate wardrobe choices. So here is the conversation that followed...

**It is a widely known fact that Trey is almost always right...but I've come to realize that this is a double edged sword. If he doesn't know the answer...he just makes something up in order to SOUND like he knows what's going on...this is the reason I've come to NOT trust him at face value on things that relate to my own sense of well being...or in this case....a sense of being dressed correctly for the weather**

Me: "Hey babe, do you know the weather for today?"

T: "Ummm, Yeah...I think it's supposed to be like yesterday...sunny and maybe 70."

Me: "Really? I could have sworn I heard it was going to get cold."

T: "Well check the weather and see."

Me: "Did you bring your laptop in? I want to check weather.com."

T: "No, it's in the car. Turn on the TV."

Me: "The TV? Like a commoner?"

T: "(sigh) Yes Katy, like a commoner."

Newscaster: "It's 47 outside now, but get ready for the wintry blast coming our way. It will be in the mid 30's when you pick the kids up from school, and we expect at least an inch of snow over most of North Texas."

Me: (yelling into the bedroom) "Hey babe? You sure about the 70 degress situation?"

T: "Yeah, pretty sure."

Me: (muttering to self) "I sure am glad I didn't listen to YOU." (again yelling to bedroom) "Did you make that up?"

T: "Ummmm.....maybe. Why?"

Me: "Nothing. Make sure you wear shorts and flip flops for the beautiful weather today."

T: Silence

5 comments:

The Chad said...

I have never heard you say one word before, but I swear I could hear that convo in my head and it made me laugh out loud.

Chris Solomon said...

That's perfect! I think I would have handled that situation the exact same way.

Thanks for making me laugh this early in the morning.

Dannybrou said...

you crack me up! always.crack.me.up. and that is awesome.

Rachel H. said...

G does the same thing...He always makes up something when I ask him a question even if he isn't 100% sure about the answer. He can't not have an explanation for everything! :)

Carrie said...

I love you two!

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

~Audrey Hepburn