Monday, January 28, 2008

The Right Stuff

Anyone else heard that the ultimate in Boy Bands, aka NKOTB, is staging a reunion/comeback tour? I would like to state that while I'm a bit nervous for them...I MIGHT be the first in line to buy tickets for said reunion tour. Anyone else with me? I'll be wearing my oversized black and hot pink Jordan t shirt, some leggins, a large pink scrunchie, and have no fear, friends...I'll have my NKOTB button on...you remember what I'm talking about. The six inch pin that doubled as a commemorative picture with a stand and everything?

I have one question for the boys (men) of NKOTB....why? After all these years and some quasi-successful music/acting careers why risk all of that for this sure to be bomb of a tour? You KNOW who will be at these concerts...women like me...upper 20's, some early 30's, who grew up fantasizing that we would someday be Joe's "Cover Girl...", lookin so good, everything's in place....oh uh oh...she's my Cover Girl...wow, the sheer genius of the lyrics brings me to my knees in adoration even now.

I guess I just answered my own question...Why? So that girls like me can be taken back to the days of Slumber parties and making up dances to Hangin' Tough. I would like to invite all of you to start praying now that this tour includes Dallas, and join me at the concert where we will sway, and cry, and scream for the hearthrobs that were once the boys of...New Kids on the Block...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That is the BEST news I've heard in weeks!!!
You know what's scary? Before I read the first sentence of your last paragraph, I thought "heh--she just answered her own question."
And, OH YES, I'll be camping out in line right along with you--I could even get my hands on a NKOTB comforter if need be!

J.L. Williams said...

Uh oh Uh-oho. The Right Stuff. I think that is hilarious. I just want the t-shirt.

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

~Audrey Hepburn