Monday, February 18, 2008

Run

I long to be outside, in the warmth emulating from the sky. I stare outside the window with a yearning akin to needing air. In a few hours, I will be released from this prison of work and will not walk, not jog, but sprint to the doors. I will look up, breathe deeply of the crisp, blue air around me and will thank God for this very day.

My feet will hit the pavement and I will run. I will run until my lungs are bursting, and sweat is pouring. And once again, I will thank God. Thank Him for the freedom I am an owner of, the freedom to run for the sheer joy of it, and not because someone is chasing me. The simple fact that I love being outside so much because I live in an indoors world, and for the fact that I don't live outdoors.

As I run, I will pray. I will pray for this world I live in, and the impact I may have on people and things around me. I will pray for my dearest friends, and thank God that Has brought me to a place in life where I feel deeply, and pray that those I know will feel His presence just as deeply as I do.

On this day, I vow to run. In essence, to take the gifts He has bestowed on my and use them.

2 comments:

jason said...

i like it.

J.L. Williams said...

Breathe it all in my sweet girl! You make me want to get out there and swallow the sunshine. I love ya.

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

~Audrey Hepburn