Wednesday, April 23, 2008

She wore an....


itsy, bitsy, teeny, weenie black and white polka dot pair of Steve Maddens.


These are one of those pair that I will never, ever get rid of. I remember being at Stonebriar Mall, walking past the window of the Steve Madden store, backing up, and gazing through the window at these. My shopping partner said, "Those couldn't BE more Kate." And I agreed. There's something about these shoes that takes me back to the 40's when every little detail was important. I can just picture wearing these with a short black formal with pompadour hair and siren red lipstick. I love wearing them with dark jeans....where just the toe and a hint of red heel peeks out. I hope that one day, if I have a daughter, these will be the shoes she looks at and says, "My mom must have had lots of fun!"

2 comments:

Tia said...

oh! i love those. LOVE.

J.L. Williams said...

I am love, love loving the shoe picts! This is such a good idea! Can't wait which shoe will come next!

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

~Audrey Hepburn